Saturday 7 April 2012

Carnevale



This is the game myself and Josh (sorry for the name drop) will be running demos for at Salute this year on behalf of Simple Miniature Games, looking over the rule book it seems to have a heck of a lot going for it! For example (if you had enough Action Points) you could run along a wall from balcony to balcony leaping down on your foe and then attack them from behind or if you were fighting in water you could attempt to drown your foe! These are just a few things you can do that I thought were pretty cool and stood out from the norm. There is a lot of possibility in this game and the range of things you can do reminds me of the freedom you can get from a RPG.

The setting for this game is Venice 1795, but this time around with a magical cataclysm that tore the sky a new one (The Rent In The Sky) and as a result magic flows through the streets and canals so you know there’s going to be all kinds of strange things happening (fishmen cults/nobles going out for an evening of murderous fun/the nut house getting over run).

The game also has a campaign system as well as character progression, you can even (if you really want to) buy random events which may or may not go in your favour, and if that doesn’t work you can always throw a syphilitic Noble at them!

So if your about at Salute pop over and say hi and maybe get in a game.

Here’s some pics of my Rashaar, note the Hybrid taking a squat in the street, sexy stuff indeed!


6 comments:

  1. Hmmm I might come and have a look at that. I've actually got the game, and some guild stuff, but never actually got round to playing it. I'll maybe see you there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cant make my mind up about this game. I love the look and the feel of it but there is something not quite grabbing me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo fishmen! I'll try and swing by and have a look at Salute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope to drop over on my miniature madness rounds Henry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you guys have the table with the modular base including canal lengths etc? If so, I really liked the board. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. artikelnya sangat bagus, terima kasih telah membagi informasi tersebut

    ReplyDelete